In April we noticed an unusually large thistle growing in our yard. So, for fun we decided not to dig it up but to let it go and see how big it got and we named it Big Grandpa.
(April)
(April)
Big Grandpa grew and grew and grew....
(May)

Since Big Grandpa was growing so much we decided to see if we could make it a Guinness World Record for the "Tallest Thistle". We received approval to make the record since there is no such record so far.
(June)
We received a packed from the Guinness World record stating all the things we need to comply with in order for the record to be accepted as the "Tallest Thistle". We have gathered all of the information needed and mailed it to the Guinness Book of World Recordstm.
The final measurement of Big Grandpa was 6 feet 4 1/2 inches Tall and 8 feet wide.
After we took all our measurements and pictures it was finally time to say good bye to Big Grandpa before we got in trouble by the city for having an obnoxious weed growing in our yard.
Once everyone saw the articles in the newspaper we started to receive some funny comments from people we know about the thistle.
"You know around here we call those things weeds"
"You are getting in the Guinness world record for be lazy?"
"isn't that a weed?"
3 comments:
*tears in the eyes* I'm so proud!! I knew the two of you would make it to the BIG TIME!! :)
I really just think this is such an awesome story!!!
When I was talking to my parents the other day, they had mentioned you doing this... I said I don't think there's a better explanation of a 'red neck'. That's okay, we still love you guys. -Andy
Post a Comment